All new applications for Service Coordination received by Provider Connections on February 1, 2020 or after, will be required to complete their System Training requirement by:
- successfully completing the Service Coordination Online blended (online modules + workbook activities + 4, weekly webinars) AND
- attending the Online System Overview Follow-Up face to face training (after completion of the Service Coordination online modules)
For Service Coordinator credential applications received by Provider Connections February 1, 2020 or later, they will no longer be required to complete the Online System Overview modules.
- The Service Coordination Online blended training and the Online System Overview One-Day Follow-Up (SOFU) face-to-face contain all of the necessary and required system elements for Service Coordinators. For the most high-quality experience with the content, we highly recommend completing the Service Coordination online modules + workbook activities in month 1, participating in the weekly webinars in month 2, and attending the SOFU after completion of the Service Coordination online modules (in month 2 or 3).
- Within 18 months of receiving the credential, Service Coordinators must document the following: completion of educational experiences as approved by the Department that include at least 2 semester college hours of, or the equivalent (30 hours or CEU credit hours) in each of the following EI core knowledge content areas:
- Development of Young Children, Typical and Atypical
- Working with Families of Young Children with Disabilities
- Intervention Strategies for Young Children with Special Needs
- Assessment of Young Children with Special Needs
The following are links that we hope will be helpful to you and your staff:
At-a-Glance: Service Coordination Online (Blended) training (pdf)
Illinois Service Coordinator Training Requirements and Opportunities (pdf)
SC Online (Blended) Resources, please visit: https://go.illinois.edu/SCOnlineResources
Quick link for SOFU registration
Quick link for Service Coordination Blended
*Pay scales vary by Child and Family Connections Offices.